Okay, so I created the blog for 2 reasons. 1-to tell about the kids in one mass setting, and 2-to keep you all informed on my personal crazy matters that you all love to hear about. Well it's time to hear about number 2(no cats!! nikki). I applied for welfare(cash aid and food stamps) today and it looks like I'll get it. The apt only took 3 hours!. Welfare is not your mothers welfare anymore. No sitting around milking the system. To receive cash aid you have to work 32 hrs a week unless you are disabled or some other big thing. Life crashing down on you doesn't count, I asked. So going to school does count and I just spent an hour on line trying to figure out class time equivalent to on line classes. The bummer is that in the summer it's only 6 hrs and that leaves me 26 hrs of work I'll have to do. I can't comprehend leaving my babies. The fall is looking better for me. The negative with their program is that they don't factor in study time. I'm not sure how I'll swing school, work, and kids. I may have to give up welfare and take out student loans. The loans are forgivable if I work in a low income school or under performing school, which I hear is almost every school around here. If anyone has thoughts on it please feel free to let me know. I am in a quandary. life just keeps moving along. Finals are this week so study I must.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
One thing to remember is that either way, you'll be okay!! About the student loans, Elon took out loans when he was at Chico. We have about $22,000 in loans. We only pay $85 a month!! If they are forgivable then that is awesome. How long do you have to work at that school? Student loans are really not that bad, in my opinion and experience. They offer great terms and you don't have to pay them back until you are no longer a student. SO that gives you some time to figure stuff out. What about grants. Elon was the WORST student ever! Seriously, he was on academic probation because he was so busy with school, family, work, and fixing up a house!! They still gave him grants!! IT was amazing! Now the job, would you be able to get back on with Red Robin? Is that even something that you would want to do??? A restaurant job might be of benefit because you could start in the afternoon, and have some time with your kids before you go to work. Like i said, no matter what, you'll be okay!
Post a Comment