You may be thinking what frog legs and the safety dance have in common and I am here to answer that. Nothing, just another fun night in Nava Land. I have decided that it is now my fun job in life to expose my kids to foreign cuisine and gross them out without grossing myself out altogether. We went to the local Chinese restaurant and what do you think they had...Frog Legs. Plus the usual shrimp with heads and eyes, oysters(already voyage there), and spicy(never voyaging there). How funny would it be to trick my kids into eating the legs. No luck, my Carlee was on to me when I started showing her the shrimp eyes. That girl stuck to the garlic bread and jello. RJ was a little more adventurous and ate breaded shrimp and almond jello(that looked scary to me). The best part was showing Carlee how the leg worked. Yes, it has joints, "toes" and could jump. Nikki-a great educational tool. Why on earth would I eat a working leg? Because my life is starting over. I am moving on, "hopping" to a new lily pad(lame metaphor I know) and croaking a new tune. Tunes...don't think I forgot the safety dance. My kids love singing in the car and on the way home dancing and clapping ensued. All started by our little Catalina who loves to rock out. Chanel surfing then led to me singing "We can dance if we want to" at the top of my lungs and my kids all rocking out in the back. Don't call me a nerd because you all know the words. One of those songs you don't listen to but you know, and when my kids here a catchy tune we listen. It did surprise me because Carlee usually only lets us listen to songs that girls sing. Not a lot out there either. off topic. The moral of this little tale is: Let your hair down, try something new(the legs weren't that great by the way), and pass on the love of music to the next generation no matter how many people point and laugh in their cars as you rock out.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Very cute stories. You know your kids are gonna thank you for introducing them to lots of stuff in the future...this way there's more conversational subjects for their dates when they grow up!! The unusual things in life bring us the best memories, right? Just ask Natalie. When she has nothing to say, she tells people that she was tortured by me when she was young!
Yes...and I will tell you all that Carlee's Aunt Megg Megg as already started to brain wash her in all things ABBA. I have even gotten her to sing one of their songs, "Fernando", she is so cute when she say "Flernando" I try and correct her but it's always still "fLernando". They really are fun kid's to rock out with! Great story Amy and great job! I love that the love for music was given to us by our Mom and now I see you doing the same thing. A tear drops from my eye...lol Love you Tons!MK
You need to write books, childrens books or something. You have a creative writing talent. I love the story, and I miss "Wonderful restaurant". I guess I could eat a cricket if I wanted to feel adventurous. Love you!!
Okay, so Carlee won't eat strawberries and you thought she would eat frog legs? One of the reasons I love you Amy is your eternal optimism =) ! By the way, Navaland is fun!
Post a Comment