Friday, May 16, 2008

Carlee's teeth


Our poor Carlee had to have dental work done at the hospital last week. She absolutely refuses to let male dentists look in her mouth. This wonderful attitude led her here. We had to fast before the "surgery" and it got postponed. We were both pretty loopy by 11 am and starving. We played with the giant mouse, did hope scotch, danced, colored, and played spaceship. If only I had the video of her leaving off to surgery. She let out screams that felt like my heart was being riped out and stomped on. Then I got over it and went to the cafeteria and got a sandwich. (I'm not heartless, I did shed a tear.) The results- a crown, 4 back cavities, and 1 between the front teeth. She has young, chalky enamel. She was knocked out for quite awhile(boy that girl snores!!) and couldn't wait to go home once she woke up. Pretty crabby though. She wasn't even excited about only eating popsicles and jello the rest of the day. Now, the girl is quite proud and shows off her crown and fillings like war scares. Anywhere we go and to anyone we meet it's mouth open wide and mom explaining what happened to her.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

ooo- poor carlee, but poor mommy too! I love you both. Carlee is a big girl now! She can hack it!

Anonymous said...

AWW...my poor little butter cup looks to sicky. I hate that. But it is a fact...she will open that mouth and show you her crown at a drop of the hat. It is so funny. Way to hang tuff there MOM!!MK

music player