

I've developed/named a new sport for moms. It's called Extreme Outings. Here are the rules:
1. Have a love of nature
2. Have children under 5 who don't listen
3. Be sleep deprived for at least a good 3 years
4. Have no memory of the previous time you tried this outing
5. Enjoy quality time with the family
6. Have a strong heart (risk of stroke is high)
7. Be full of good intentions
I wanted to do some thing fun with the kids, so I took them to Ellis Lake all by myself. Oh My Gosh! I thought Catalina was going to fall in a billion times. My heart was on edge the entire time. Why, I kept asking myself, did I ever think this was a good idea? Our high light of the trip was the dead fish. See picture 3. RJ threw some thing at it. The game then became, What can you hit a dead fish with? So much fun. Hence the picture. Memories are in the making here. Gotta love how cute they are. I very much enjoy my kids. I may just wait another month or two before I take them back to the lake. I must follow rule 4!









4 comments:
wow Amy i may be a good candidate for this game! i fit all the requirements! I think the last time we went to Ellis Lake Adam was 4! so i know i must remember too well how not fun that was for me. He got attacked by a GOOSE! i ran to save him 7 mo. pregnant with Daniel and kicked the goose! It was pretty crazy. everyone else there was to busy laughing at Adam to save him!
Great memories like you said! It is funny now!
love Bec
Amy and Rebecca - your comments made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for enduring so I could be entertained later....haha
I am soooo happy to know that I am not the only mother who has attempted Ellis Lake with just the kids. Gotta love those memories! Thanks ladies for the laughter!
I must say that I have participated in 'Extreme Outings' as well. I was at a different algae filled, poop covered lake but I had the same crazy experience. Although my adventure ended up with one kid falling IN the lake. She came out of the water covered with green poop. While I was cleaning her up, myself and my friend got pooped on! I was surprised that my poor child didn't catch some kind of jungle disease from the water! It was one trip I will never forget :)
Post a Comment