Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Outsourcing our Alphabet

No picture for this post but it deserves a posting. My two beautiful kids are now in school(1st day photos to follow) and are really enjoying it. We have lively discussions at the table about their day. I asked RJ how he liked learning about the letter N and the character is "Noisy Nose" to help teach the sound. He said "Scary, me no like". It is a scary picture of the guy and a huge nose. Carlee, being the great protector, assured RJ that there was nothing to be scared of. This is not a direct quote but here's how the convo went.
C-"Don't worry RJ. "N" doesn't live here in this world. He doesn't live in California. He lives somewhere like....Mexico. With all the other short "people". Like the letter R,L,M,I,X etc"
It makes me happy to know that my Carlee is so knowledgeable on world affairs.

Just a side note- Carlee also knows God's true purpose for bugs. We were all taunting a fly to come out so we could squish it in the kitchen. He wouldn't come after I told him that I would kill him. Carlee told me I had to lie to the fly and tell him I just wanted to be his friend. I said we don't lie. Carlee said that it is okay to lie to bugs, God's okay with it.

Another side note- Carlee hates peas and I made her take a bit one night. Through her tears she said that God should have never created peas and mosquitoes.

She will be a religous professor one day. She already knows all the important stuff!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL LOL LOL

Melissa said...

Found you!

Laura Keith said...

I just got the best laugh I've had in days! Your daughter is adorable. Next time you should lie to her about the peas and tell her that God said it's ok... they only look like peas, but they are really mini chocolate chip cookies. Do you think it will work?

music player